Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nascar Las Vegas 2010

Its only been a week since my last publication and yet I have so much to share. Tuesday of last week (2/23/10) I was provided with a great opportunity by my friend, and on occasion boss, Eric Jamison of Studio J Inc. My services were contracted by Eric to help with photography on a video set at DK Productions which was filming a series of commercials for the College of Southern Nevada. The photography setup was an easy 4 light pattern and we were ready to shoot before the talent even arrived on set. That said, the day was anything but a "normal" day for me in a studio. We were kept to rather tight schedule and I was afforded the opportunity to see how a real video studio works, and just how hard they have to work to do even a 30 second spot. In return for my services, my generous friend and employer Eric gave me a pair of tickets to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Nascar races being held on the 27th and 28th of February. Of course, being a photographer, I grabbed my camera, my biggest lens, and the most important marketing tool I can carry, my business cards, and it was off to the races. Saturday was rather miserable, cold, wet, and by the time racing started(2 hours later than predicted) a little lonely as the stands were relatively empty, but what made for an unhappy Saturday was more than made up for with the perfect Sunday. My trip to the track on Sunday was off to a good start with sunny and warm weather, the appearance of nearly everyone in the Las Vegas area, and the colorful nature of the worlds greatest fans. By the end of a great race, I was happily tired, a little sunburned, and although it weighed heavy on my shoulder, a camera full of Nascar pictures. Below is just a few from the weekend that I hope to share with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.