Thursday, January 21, 2010

EOC Week 2 My Demographic

I am part of the generation 'Y' demographic and from what the school text says about my generation, it pretty much fits me perfectly. I feel that my world is much smaller than those generations before me because everything is literally at our fingertips and we can stay in touch with anyone at any time with very little effort. On the opposite end of the scope, my generation is a little more separated from each other in the physical sense because we no longer rely on seeing someone to get a message across. It makes it hard to communicate effectively when your audience cannot read your body language and know if your joking or if your serious. We are making strides in technology that are allowing us to see people while we talk to them but I for see the next generation being shut up in their homes in front of a computer telecommuting to work every day because its far more simple to do that then actually get out and drive to a job. Even now, as a photographer, when I carry my camera in public I receive mixed emotions from the people around me because people are paranoid of what will happen with the images I take. Will they be showed to the world, will I catch someone doing something they are not supposed to be doing, will I take a picture that has someones child in the background at the park?